Maple-Fun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maple-Fun

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virtumonde Virus FIX.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kazu4363
WebMaster
WebMaster
kazu4363

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Virtumonde Virus FIX. Empty
PostSubject: Virtumonde Virus FIX.   Virtumonde Virus FIX. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 4:00 am

(Not sure if this should be in Warez or Help and Support...since it's not Gunz related [YOU DON'T GET THIS VIRUS FROM GUNZ], I figured Warez is a good place for it)

This virus is reported to record your keystrokes and randomly displays advertisements. This virtumonde.c Trojan will create a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) to facilitate the recording of your keystrokes and communicates with a website located on the internet.

Virtumonde.C attaches to explorer.exe, goes memory resident and verifies that it's running (the virus that is). If for some reason Virtumonde.c is stopped, the memory resident program will fire it back up.

The virus also writes to cookies on the infected computer and may visit more than one internet site. The part that makes VirtuMonde.c tricky is that it's a memory resident and writes to a file that spyware removal programs can't erase.
Remove VirtuMonde.c

I tried a number of programs, including HijackThis, Trend's online virus scanner, Panda Software's online virus scanner, Symantec's FixVundo.exe and manual instructions to no avail! I though I had it when I ran SpyBot Search and Destroy's software, but it only discovered 4 occurrences of the VirtuMonde.c when actually there were 6.

What does this all mean? There's a trojan out there that even the best antivirus can't delete and clean from your system.

But there IS hope!

Introducing VundoFix. This little program finds ALL instances of this nasty little trojan and deletes it completely from your system. It works perfectly; all you have to do is turn it on, let it scan for the virus, and then remove it. After that, restart your computer and you're free from this evil trojan.

Here it is in action:

Virtumonde Virus FIX. Vundov10

And here's the download page, along with more information and other pretty cool programs to help your computer. All free.

http://www.atribune.org/content/section/4/30/
Back to top Go down

Virtumonde Virus FIX.
Page 1 of 1